Thursday 16 October 2008

Design-led consultancies involved in service design (public and/or private sector)

I get asked this question a lot, so I thought I'd provide a list and links below, of design-led consultancies (in alphabetical order) I know of currently involved in service design (please note that most of these consultancies offer many other services so their websites are definitely worth exploring!).

Most of the following consultancies will be UK-based as I currently undertake my research and reside in the UK. Please feel free to contact me if you know of any others, or if you are one!

United Kingdom
Design Options
Direction Consultants
Engine
Fresh voice
Hygge
IDEO
live|work
More Associates
Participle
Plan
Plot
Radarstation
Spirit of Creation
Teko London
Thinkpublic
Uscreates
We are curious
?Whatif!

Europe
31 Volts (Netherlands)
Copenhagen Living Lab (Denmark)
designthinkers.nl (Netherlands)
Ego (Finland)
Experienta (Italy)
fuelfor (Spain)
IDEO (Europe)
live|work (Oslo)

USA & Canada
Adaptive Path
Design Continuum
HumanCentered
IDEO
Peer Insight
Work Worth Doing
Ziba

Australia
2nd Road
Future Canvas
Proto Partners
Thinkplace

In the coming weeks I’ll do more posting lists on intuitions I know of, such as Universities and think tanks, also exploring Service Design, and a few blogs that I visit frequently. Keep tuned!

1 comment:

Qin Han said...

Cool... I am doing a PhD on Service Design as well :o)

Care for a virtual chat sometime?