Saturday 5 March 2011

Letters from Australia

If you weren't already aware, I recently moved back to my home city Sydney, Australia.

Sydney skyline sunset. Photo by Sophie G.

Having been away for 3.5 years it has been a major transition to assimilate (someone said to me that moving back is like having a 'reverse culture shock.' I have to admit that comes pretty close to what I have been feeling). While I ride out the transition, I have also been exploring design here in an Australian context.

The namesake of this post is with thanks to Nick, who asked before I left London if I could begin another blog called 'Letters from Australia.' While not the name, I have begun a new blog. It's called designsydney and looks at design in an Australian context, with a particular focus on design for services, public services and positive social change.

So please visit and join my continuing adventures to explore innovative uses of design in an Australian context. I shall continue to complete my PhD research from Australia, which also means I'll continue my investigations into the changing role of the designer, with a more focused look at the value of the designer in addressing social, economic and environmental issues.

Hope to see you soon at designsydney. Otherwise please get in touch via Twitter, LinkedIn or Academia.edu.

6 comments:

Sree said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sree said...

nice blog:)
please visit my blog whenever possible:)
http://livelifewithluv.blogspot.com/

hola_nat said...

Hello Lauren I am currently doing research looking mostly into the role of the designer in collaborative services and creative communities and I would love to read your PhD, can I write you to your email explaining you a bit further on this? Many thanks, Natalie natyor@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I started my own commercial interior design company two years ago in Sydney. It is the most wonderful city I can imagine!

http://www.officefitoutsydney.com.au/services/office-interiors/

Unknown said...

I found you through your travel links to some of my favorite cities! Your Paris and Corsica posts and more are so beautiful!

Kylan Gentry said...

I want to share with anyone here looking for a loan for a business or personal loan to contact Mr Pedro on pedroloanss@gmail.com because Mr Pedro and his loan company is all I trust when it's comes to financial situation solution so I'm recommending anyone looking for financial assistance to contact Mr Pedro with a loan 2% rate annual return, Now? You see why I will choose Pedro with his loan company 100% genuine finance.